This week is an interesting one. Many of the Chinese students at my university have some kind of Midterm-Final exam for classes that are only 12 weeks long, and they needed our classrooms for the exams, so we have no class this week. Yesterday I did things around the house, hung up some wall-racks for pots and pans in the kitchen and towels in the bathroom, peeled-chopped-cooked apples for applesauce, studied a little Chinese, did some research on fasting (Em and I are trying to learn, expand and deepen our spiritual disciplines), and did four loads of laundry. After Em got off work we rode our bikes into town to meet some friends who were visiting Wuhan to see a cousin who happened to be here for the week, had dinner, chatted at Mr. Mai's Coffee House, and biked home. Good Day.
Today. TODAY! In about thirty minutes I'm supposed to call the Foreign Student Office at Wuhan University and get the result of the scholarship I applied for. Following that, I'll exercise, study Chinese, read philosophy, and sometime mid-afternoon head back to Mr. Mai's to charge the battery on our electric bike that didn't quite make it home last Friday. I left it in an apartment garage close to the coffee house and took a taxi the rest of the way home.
I need to go prepare my heart for the scholarship result. I'm sure I'll write more in about 45 minutes, whether rejoicing in provision or rejoicing in sorrow.
Oh, and I need to shower....
No comments:
Post a Comment