Chinese Classics Quotation

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Flying High on Thursday

Last night Em and I went to a local coffee shop owned by some foreign friends of ours to attend CHINESE corner. My first ever. It was fun. Especially being on the other side. I've done a few English corners in my day. Not many, but enough to know what it could feel like. But we had a good time. We sat at a table with three girls, who at first asked if we were going to speak English, but we said we were here for Chinese corner. They were quite excited, and for the next hour plus we chatted away in Chinese. I feel like I understood about 80% or so, and walking away from it I felt really great! This morning I'm off again to the Intro to Chinese Philosophy class, taught all in Chinese. The prof talks SO fast, and with so many words I don't know. I haven't yet walked away from that feeling much encouraged.

In the news:
Farmer's self-made plane fails flight-test in Wuhan



I think it's great that this guy is chasing his dream. Some rich person should buy him a ticket to somewhere so he can fly. And I'd have to say, the fact that he made it off the ground for a few seconds says something. If we didn't already have international flights his name would be going down in history alongside the Wright brothers. You go, buddy. Don't give up the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment