Couple of thoughts this morning from J.I. Packer's book, Knowing God (I have the old British edition. And I like it).
p. 13 - "No subject of contemplation will tend more to humble the mind, than thoughts of God..." (quoted from Spurgeon; I need to read more of him)
p. 18 - How are we to do this? How can we turn our knowledge about God into knowledge of God? The rule for doing this is demanding, but simple. It is that we turn each truth that we learn about God into matter for meditation before God, leading to prayer and praise to God.
p. 21 - A little knowledge of God is worth more than a great deal of knowledge about Him.
Do you know Him? Or do you know about Him? If I'm honest with myself, I fall into the 'about' category.
For today:
Six periods of Chinese (HSK, the Chinese language exam; Comprehensive; and Reading)
Read, Prepare for, and Lead final study on Cross-Cultural Communication
That's about it. Possibly in the afternoon run through a few more characters (the 500+ for Friday's Comprehensive exam)
No comments:
Post a Comment