Special thank you to my parents who sacrificed themselves for me. Thank you to all you parents who daily pour yourselves out as a drink offering on the altar. I'm convinced all good parenting is a beautiful offering to the Lord, whether you recognize Him as such or not.
Chinese Classics Quotation
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Parents in Training
The last two days Emily and I have been watching our friends kids, and we will again tomorrow. It's been good training. I've read things on being a dad and they all talk about coming home from work and needing to 'gear up' and be ready to pour yourself out for your kids in the evening and really love on them. It's easy to conceptualize it and think, "oh yeah, I can do that." But when you're really in it, when you really have kids that need love and discipline and cultivation...yeah. It can be hard work. It helps that the kids have good parents who love and discipline them well. But parenting is definitely sacrificial. And definitely an art.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment