Chinese Classics Quotation

Monday, September 5, 2011

First Semester of the MA, Course Schedule

I'm in the process of getting registered for the first semester of classes in the Chinese Philosophy M.A. program.  Talk about freaked out.  Looking over the two years of classes I'll have to take, I need a total of 28 credits, plus writing a thesis, in Chinese.

Here's what the first semester is shaping up to:

Monday
2:00-4:30pm - Questions in Ruism (commonly known as Confucianism, a misnomer from the Jesuits in the 16th C.)
7:00-9:25pm - Methods and Questions in Philosophy

Tuesday
No Class (really, study extremely hard for what I didn't get yesterday!)

Wednesday

2:00-4:30pm - Song (with an 'oh' sound, not an 'ah' sound) and Ming Dynasty Neo-Ruism
7:00-9:25pm - Readings in Marxism (yes!  I'm stoked to hear a different perspective on this. Definitely updates on this later)

Thursday and Friday
Try to catch up from the week.

Saturday
2:00-4:30pm - Readings in Western Philosophy (this class will actually be taught in English, and I think papers, etc are also in English!  Whew!!!  ONE small moment to 'relax'.)

Sunday
REST!

There's a possibility I'll take up Japanese as well...but I have to wait and see how this course load goes.  Maybe next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment