Emily and I bought I (heart) Wuhan t-shirts sometime last year. They're fun. We like to wear them together, as that's typical for Chinese "lovers" to do. It's very common to see a boy and girl wearing matching shirts, walking down the street, hand-in-hand.
In Chinese a couple is often called 爱人 (ai'ren), which, literally translated, means "love person", and comes out in English as "lover(s)"; culturally, crossing the border into America, this moniker is given a rather different connotation. Emily and I were humored when, one day, we received an email from human resources at the company that operates Emily's school, and it asked if she would "bring her lover's passport information to the office".
If you're interested in an I (heart) Wuhan t-shirt, let us know. We have a friend who makes them, and I'm assuming he still is (we bought them last year, so maybe not, but I'm fairly certain they're still up for sale). They come in a variety of colors (grey, black, blue, .... I can't remember all of them) and what seem to be standard sizes (S-M-L-XL, and maybe XXL). We'd love to send you as many as you want. They are not free, however, running something along the lines of $15/shirt (I think that will include shipping; and price is subject to change based on postal adjustments and actual price of the shirt from retailer...).
We like the shirt, not just because it's trendy, but it represents our hearts as well.
Jeremiah 29:7
This photo makes me miss Emily. Love the shirts. Wish we could find some of those in HY.
ReplyDelete